Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gwen and Freddy and me!!!

Is this quilt familiar to any of you?  It is a quilt from Gwen Marston's book "Ideas and Inspirations, Abstract Quilts in Solids."  I am so excited about this quilt because I get to go and have what I have been calling "my sabbatical"... I am going to Gwen's class next month in Sisters!!!  Woo-hoo!
How about this quilt??  It is a liberated wedding ring quilt by Freddy Moran... and I get to take that class too!  I am also excited about the ladies from Gee's Bend attending this year and giving a lecture.  I think that they are bringing some quilts to see....SO EXCITED!

I am going to stay in lovely downtown Bend for the week.  (well, for 5 days by myself and than the boy crew will come and join me for the weekend.)  Last year when I found out that Kaffe Fassett was talking in Sisters, I nearly had a heart attack...but I was too late to sign up, I was so sad.  This year when I found out about Gwen and Freddie coming, I had to sign up, and for most of January I was in a cold sweat, hoping that I had got in early enough.  Then, when I received my packet in the mail, I almost passed right out.  I got my 2 first choices....and I get to be alone and quilt for 5 days!!!  Oh how much fabric to bring??  What to quilt??  I am so excited.  I am going to savor this time, I think it will be my last time alone for awhile.  A last HURRAH before #3 lands.

One last note there is one day left to get in on the 3 yr blog birthday giveaway... we will be drawing tomorrow at 7:00 pm PST, you can read more about it here.  Enjoy, I love reading your comments!
JMB

7 comments:

Clare said...

You lucky lucky thing! Ooohh I bet you can't wait. If it was me I'd be unable to speak through excitement.

alobsiger said...

OMG, how wonderful!!! Oh gosh, have a WONDERFUL time!!!

Brenda said...

well, I almost didn't comment because I'm green with envy. You go and have a great time and let the rest of us experience it through you! congrats! It sounds like a great way to spend time before baby. have fun, fun, fun!

Magpie Sue said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your third year, but even bigger kudos on landing the time - alone! - in Sisters! You are going to have *such* a good time :- )

Unknown said...

That's already next month! Lucky duck - I love that liberated wedding ring :)

Diane said...

Oh, you're going to have the bestest time! Gwen provides great inspiration and Freddy is a riot. I see a liberated baby quilt in your future. (Say hi to Gwen for me)

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic!!! so exciting you are going to have a blast!!! I love that liberated wedding ring quilt - so great you get to take that class. wheeeeeee!!!!