Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lavender Pi...

This is just picture of a funny thing (well, I think it is funny anyway, but I am kinda nerdy) it is a big sculpture of Pi in the lavender field.  I say to my husband as we drive up..."Look Honey, it's Pi!".  I thought that he might enjoy the nerdy humor of it, because...he is nerdy too.  But, I didn't hear a peep.  Well, 10-15 minutes later AFTER we left the car and were strolling around he goes "Look Jess, it is Pi!".  How many times has this happened to all of you??  Typical...

Anyway, I spent my last full day (non-traveling) of vacation reading a wonderful, and teary, book, "The Friday Night Knitting Club."  It was a nice vacation read and boy, did it make me want to pick up some sticks!  

Like every trip I take, I always bring too much crafting stuff...I didn't do anything this trip beyond play with my camera and that is OK.  But I would like to get back on the crafty wagon.  I wore my prego top that I created from scratch, pattern and all...2 times, let's count that!  

I would like to give a shout out to some lovely fiber, spincycle yarns, I saw at the Bellingham farmer's market.  I did not have the dough on me, but man, were her merino and silk blends beautiful and soft.  I love the candy striped 2-plys. Especially this one and this one.  The lady was super nice and she had lovely samples all knit up.  Good stuff.

Only one more week!!!!
JMB

1 comment:

Yaz and Rob said...

My "haitus" book is "The Bolter". It feels decadent to have time for a book again!