Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Keeping it real...

I have been sad this week because my elbow and lower arm hurt...MY MOUSE ARM. I have been trying to be good--resting it, by not blogging, sewing, web surfing, picking up my kids, all the things that I really love to do. It feels marginally better... I might have to bite the bullet and visit a doctor....HORROR! I just feel like they will tell me to take some drugs and get on with it...I like a solution, being proactive etc., I guess we will see. (I put a picture in, because although it isn't my fav...you should be on your own blog and look at the greyness and the fleece...it is cold here in June??!!!)
Do you like how I angled the shot, so that it looked like I got more out of the garden than I really did?? It was all so tasty, but really meager. I ate the artichoke today for a snack...Yum, yum, YUM! I also am totally sold on homegrown broccoli, it is so sweet and tender. I am only disappointed that the weather has been so awful, I think that a bit more sun would have increased my yield....there is always the fall.
Just to show everyone that we are doing our best to be organic and the like...Here is a wee spittle bug house. It came in with the artichoke, but a nice and drug-free way that I normally deal with them is just hose them off. I just thought...we get a lot of these on our rosemary bushes (I call them this because they are just HUGE!) and I could give the boys little spray bottles and have them go at it with the stream spray. I think that I will try that next time we go out back and it is above 60 degrees (It has been cold here folks.)
I hope to be up and sewing soon...I have 2 swap quilts (here and here) to do AND that chicken quilt is not going to make itself.
JMB

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

great pic, but I hear ya about the cold weather. 60 degrees and rainy here today. your veggies look awesome and sound yummy. I've heard something about splints that you can do with your hand/arm so maybe that's what the doctor can help you with.

Leah said...

Lovely pics - your garden looks like it will be really productive soon. Thanks so much for the blog contest parcel - it arrived safely, and I'm fighting off my daughter for the bag :)

Diane said...

Oh, you poor thing! MOUSE ARM. Hope your doctor is familiar with this 21st century malady. Tell him to treat it like TENNIS ELBOW, HOUSE MAID'S KNEE or a PAIN IN THE ASS! My friend gets a similar pain from spending too much time at the computer. I agree with Tonya, a splint may be in order. People with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome wear them. They wreak havoc with sewing and such but are great for getting sympathy when it's time to wash dishes or bathe the kids. Feel better soon!

Carrie C. O'Neill said...

Wow, I just ripped out a section of grass in my front yard to plant broccoli. My husband keeps marveling about the idea of planting broccoli up front, but I think it's a pretty plant...much prettier than grass. Good luck with the garden...sunny days ahead.

Yaz and Rob said...

Cold? Well, I hope it warms up soon. We have had nice weather in Stockholm. Although, today it is raining and we are going to Skansen for Midsommar. Yes, it is that dancing around the maypole time again for these crazy Swedes. Also, I hope your arm gets better, I will think good thoughts for your recovery.