Friday, September 12, 2008

Findings...

Hi there, here we are back to blogger flipping pics...but let's not get over wrought about it OK? I will try. Here are all of my findings...$8 worth of buttons...whoopee!
I fell in total love with these weird egg cups. Birds and the one was aqua, white and black, I had to take them home, but they are kind of strange. I also found these odd little wooden doll heads for $0.25, of course they had to come home too.
This poodle fabric is so, so great...kind of shiny, 2 yards and it didn't do anything weird after I washed it. PLUS the poodles are HUGE and kind of ugly cool. The other is a yard of a peppy flour sack material. I do have to admit that this grabby lady snagged some very odd white material with big red dutch clogs on it right out from under my hand. I am still a little crabby about it, but I am too greedy.
A larger picture of the poodles, I think that I am going to make myself a bag with some of this. My sister "M" said "Oh that would make a great lining for a purse" LINING??!!! What are you talking about these are some crazy dogs, they need to be out and PROUD!
I have to come back to these buttons. I bought a $3 bag (I am so cheap) of buttons just for these. They are that old cheddar/mustard color that is so ugly and so beautiful in old quilts. The big holes and the odd color, they just spoke to me.

The most exciting find was 6 full size bowling pins for $12...we are going to make them in to hose guides in our garden. They will look really cool. Initially I only bought one, as I was carrying it around the antique fair I got some really odd looks and it made me really just want to walk around town with the boys and one pin. Just to see how people react, people are weird. But I guess that is OK too.

More about the desire to doze off the other day, it really wasn't because I was tired...but sometimes when I haven't made anything lately, I just get really bored of myself and my musings and YUCK, I have got to get out of my head...maybe others can relate??

Fiber Art show...yes, I got a piece in and I am so pleased. It was the wind-up bird with the wonky house...my favorite. I am a little nervous, but excited to share.

That is it for now...I have to go and watch some Battlestar Galactica, before the husband decides to pack it in for the night (I am only on season 3, right after the cylon invasion....what is the resistance going to do??? Quite thrilling.)
JMB

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Great findings!!!! I love those egg cups! and I love your bird quilt! How cool! I also love your new banner! how did you do that?

Sarah said...

those egg cups are just way too cute!! and what fun fabric!! :)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

It must be fun to go shopping with you.

Valerie said...

When we lived in Minnesota, there was a little house in White Bear Lake (north of St. Paul) that we used to drive past that had bowling pins as hose guides and also lots (I mean, lots) of vintage bowling balls scattered throughout the flower beds as well. It was a bit loud, yes, but man, seeing that little house always made me smile and I just knew that someone in that house had a lot of imagination!

You go, girl, with your awesome bowling pin finds!

Diane said...

Now just hold on a minute ~ people who gawk at someone strolling around with a bowling pin are weirder than the person strolling around with a bowling pin???????? I love the mustardy buttons and the fabrics. Lots of potential there!

Kristin Shields said...

Ooh! I love the new header. Where'd you get that?

woolywoman said...

We have a bowling pin that my husband painted as a self portrait when he was a cub scout. His mom told me that at the end of the den meeting, they stood them all up as if to bowl, and they were super cute. Thirty years later, I still have a cubscout bowling pin!

Cher said...

you have a real eye for the fun and unexpected find-thanks for sharing-love your header by the way-bold and bright! good luck with your piece in the fiber art show.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh you lucky girl! That poodle fabric is to die for! (Of course, this comes from a poodle owner.) Love the egg cups too :- )

emilyruth said...

fun to see all of your great finds the second time around...
lucky me i also got to see you find them:)

can we please make coburg an annual field trip?
please?

can't wait to see the bowling pins up & working...
you better post pictures!

:)

Clare said...

Brilliant finds. I love those eggcups.

Yaz and Rob said...

Hi Again,

I missed you even though I see you like everyday. We are down to one computer again so I am feeling the squeeze for computer time. Love the poodle fabric. I would love a comforter cover with it!

Jessica Rodarte said...

oooh... I'm drooling over the great buttons. I agree about the fabric- gotta be loud and proud. So cute!
I wanted to thank you for the goodies you sent me for the strawberry swap. I love the little fabric book you sent me! Really, I love everything. I'm a button floozy, so the buttons were GreAt! The fabric strawberries are hanging above my craft desk for inspiration. Thank you again! Kindly, Jessica

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

great groovy fabric!
I love it when you find things like that! dig those egg cups too!