Monday, November 03, 2008

It keeps going...and going...

This fall has been so balmy. The garden keeps going and going. It is getting kind of gross...but sort of pretty in a crazy-going-to-take-over-the-world sort of way. My cosmos finally bloomed in October. I have plants that are 8 ft tall....what is up with that?? I think that I might have preferred their delicate blossoms in the summer time, but crazy gardeners can't be too choosy.
Here is another angle...all of our hoses still akimbo and the pot I drag around for weeds all out and proud... I do love this tree. I love watching it leaf out in the spring. I love the sunlight shining through the leaves and its shade in the morning during the summer. Now, we are enjoying its golden yellow color. I am sure that I will be enjoying raking up all those leaves when I return from my trip next week....
Trip??
Yes, I am taking another trip...this fall has been busy-busy...lots of leisure for mommy, for sure. I am leaving on Wednesday for Jersey City and the Big Apple!!! I am visiting my new niece and her adoring parents (I will take pictures and ask if I can post them...she is so cute!) I am going to try and go into the city Thursday and Friday ALONE! (The last time I was there, I was kind of silly and thought that I was going to get mugged the whole time...I think that I will be ok.) I am hoping to see some fun things like this and this, maybe this? We will see... If you have any suggestions???
I enjoyed everyone's comments on my previous post. VOTE. I am glad when Americans can be civil, informed, and involved in their country. VOTE. It is so important. VOTE. (and love your neighbor!)
JMB

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely try to get to The City Quilter. It's on 25th between 6th and 5th (short walk from Penn Station). It's in the Fabric District, so there's lots of fabric shops, but it's the only QUILT shop. :) Really lovely people, and beautiful New York fabrics, like yellow cabs. Definitely fun to have in the stash. I get to take a much-coveted hand quilting class there next week (which will mean a long train ride IMMEDIATELY after work), and I always look forward to getting there.

Helen said...

Have 34th birthday for a few posts ago! Soooo glad that Obama won too!

Emily Cole said...

I love the garden shots - it looks so wild and inviting at the same time. Also - happy birthday! I know I missed it - I haven't been keeping up with blogs lately very well... Mine included. I've added a few things recently though, and I hope that I'll have some crafty stuff up there soon! Did you make the Obama Mama thing? I love it - I have a "Crafters for Obama" sticker on my site - I think I'll leave it there for a while still!

Yaz and Rob said...

rowan2005I am finally catching up with the blog after 2 months! I didn't realize it had been so long. i remember when your garden was like this....very festive!