Sunday, November 08, 2009

Moments...

November 8, 2009, 9:30 a.m
I was reading a blog the other day and the pictures and writing were so very true. It wasn't that it was a post of grand revelations. It was just a post about a family, across the world from me, but so very like my family. It was comforting and funny. I like that. It talked about using your blog to show how you really are, to relate, to share your true self. If you would like to share with all of us you can read more about it here. It is nice to have a pretty blog. To fix your pictures. Crop out the ugly piles of laundry, hide the zits with photoshop, make it look like you want to remember it. Sometimes it is nice to just be, pajamas, holey socks, toys on the floor, all of it.

We all are getting over our flirtation and then straight on romance with H1N1. It wasn't pretty here the last week plus. Our saving grace was little Mango only got a snorkely nose. I was so worried that she would have the fevers along with the rest of us, but she has been saved thus far. I am so thankful. I am also glad that it looks like the rest of us are going to recover with just a cough and runny noses to bring in to this next week. We missed Halloween, my sister came over with treats for the boys but they could only look up from the couch and manage a pitiful "Thhhank you." Big Daddy had his ears all blocked up and I lost my voice, so we were quite the pair. It just makes me thankful for how healthy we are normally.

I made 4 more pumpkins yesterday for my pumpkin quilt. It is nice to have something brainless to make when I have a spare hour. I have 5 more cut out, maybe this will be a finishable project?? We will see. Jacquie is hosting a project finishing party here. I think I might play along, I need to move some stuff out of my sewing room!
Stay healthy!
JMB

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no - you've had the pleasure of the flu visitor too? Bleurgh.

Diane said...

Oh, you poor things! And sick on Halloween too ~ bummer! I read the post you linked to and couldn't agree more. Wishing you wellness.

Yaz and Rob said...

Yuck on illin'! Nice to catch on how you have been for the last month or more!