Saturday, May 28, 2011

Opportunity is everywhere...

Sometimes you just have to yell with food in your mouth.... somethings are that important.
Lot's of things are that important to my little Mango... I can not stop taking pictures of her. I love dressing her in zany outfits and then I love taking pictures of her. My excuse is, she will not always be so willing to let me pick her clothes so I must play while I can. Right?!
I was playing with my telephoto lens a few weeks ago and caught some new (to us) backyard birds... Western Tanager (above), there was a whole flock of them flitting around in the back laurel hedge.
Then a male Black-headed Grosbeak (above, he blends in to that pine REALLY well) and a female one (below) feasted at our feeder. I LOVE seeing new birds in the yard.
Additionally, I would like to say "WATCH out WORLD!" I am finally understanding Photoshop AND learning Illustrator... I could be unstoppable in the very near future.

Additionally, X2-- My sweet Eugene Modern Quilt Guild and I hung our first show today!!! Woot-Woot! Another one of the bucket list items people!! I feel like it kind of just fell in to our laps and I would have been silly to say no. I will admit that it is WAY harder than I thought to make some of the crucial decisions like-- "Which to hang first??" I am so grateful to all of the awesome Quilt Mafia/Quilt Club members that helped make this a reality. Whether you helped hang, brought a quilt in, or even just have had a encouraging word-- THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am so happy with what we put together. I am especially thankful for the wonderful couple that offered us the space and then helped us put up the quilts. Thanks Don and Mary Jo from Our Sewing Room. Just to give them some more love-- I love to sew there. They have a great open space, large cutting tables and (my FAVORITE!!) a huge design wall. I would be making only king-size quilts if my design wall was that big. Design walls are the best.

Our Opening and Reception is, Thursday, June 2 from 6-8PM. If you are in the Eugene-Springfield area please come, it would be so fun to meet you! I will be the one with the very short hair, spazzing out because she is so excited.

Something to think about:


"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

-Thomas Alva Edison


JMB

2 comments:

Alexis said...

So exciting! Congratulations on your show! Your daughter is adorable, how could you not take photos? Now that mine are little older, they have instated a "no paps" policy, so that really limits my pictures of their cuteness. Definitely click away while you can! Enjoy the bird watching! We have seen so many different birds in our yard this spring, too, it is always so fun!

Kristin Shields said...

Oh my! If I had a Mango so cute, I'd take photos all day long too! How long will the show be up? I probably can't get there, but would love to send my friend Sarah your way if possible. She goes to Eugene quite frequently.

Oh, and the birds are great too!