Thursday, August 02, 2007

What do you do?


What do you do if your husband comes to the computer desk bearing two brassieres and a pair of underwear....all of which have definitely seen better days?

Would you touch them and think...these don't look like my underthings... no, I don't think that I have ever worn those before? (my goodness the straps were 1/2 ripped off!)

No, this is not some seamy, seedy tale of betrayal and won-ton (on purpose, I am still laughing at MY own cleverness...ok, I don't get out much.) desire....


This is a story of a dastardly drawer in a "loverly" old bird's-eye maple dresser that we have owned for at least 5 years. For some reason the top drawer wouldn't shut tonight, it wanted it's naughty tale told.


I thought that it was really funny as I was holding this stranger's underthings to my eye and determining that it was foe....then I was kind of grossed out and sad that those yucky bras had belonged to someone. They were in really bad shape and she DEFINITELY needed new ones....maybe she now has some.
JMB

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the biggest DORK EVER!!!! "You're my half sister, but I whole love you!!!" (winkwink)

~Molly

Diane said...

I've been looking all over for those bras and undies! Guess I'll have to give you my address so you can send them back to me.

Left Coast Sister said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad that they got stuck, even if you did have to be the lucky ones to dig them out of the grind they'd been in!!

emilyruth said...

oh my goodness
that is funny
& not a little bit disturbing...
:)

Yaz and Rob said...

How random. Would you want to be remembered as the prior owner of a love piece of furniture be worn out lingerie.