Monday, September 03, 2007

Things I choose to do...


Sometimes I think that I am just riding aboard the crazy train. I am leaving for Sweden tomorrow, it is the end of the summer and this is the crazy that I chose this past week:

1) Canned green beans...after picking them of course.
2) Hosted a dinner party for 15+ because the Great-Grandparents rolled into town.
3) Bought a flat of Peaches to freeze, because they are just going to be no good by the time I get back.
4) Sewed little gift bags for my friend's kids and my own boys, so that everyone can know what a great and crafty mom I am.
5) Broke sewing machine trying to sew a zipper into my OWN bag, the one that I have been meaning to make myself for months now.
6) Shopped for the perfect traveling attire...found some nice things, but I really hate shopping for clothes.
7) Felt REALLY SUPER EXCITED about a trip for just me.
8) Felt really weepy and crabby because gosh darn it, I am going to miss my posse.
9) Alternated between #7 and #8 vigorously until I drove everyone MAD, myself included.

So, enough. I just kept trying to find things to fill the time because I really want to go, but I am a bit sad too that I will not be with my boys and sweet husband.

I am going to go and have a glorious time, but it will be bittersweet. No matter how nutsy it's gets around here, I sure do love my little family.

JMB

2 comments:

emilyruth said...

you are one busy mommy!
i miss you...
i can't wait to hear all about your trip...
i am so excited for you!
have fun...
:)

Yaz and Rob said...

I love hearing the prempt to the the festivity. We really do know what a great craft mom you are and the bags were fabuloso. Tack! Enjoy the beans and the peaches over the winter. Now that you are home again aren't you glad you did that? Yum, yum, yum!