Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life... it really happens, so does grace.

Because I like blogs that are beautiful, but that are also true, I write today.

I saw these flowers earlier this year on the very same day as Beth's 60th birthday party. I thought that they were so beautiful that I wanted to see them always. Some things are so nice and special that you want them around always. Her party was so fun. I took pictures of everyone and got a lot of silly shots. We all danced. We all celebrated. Beth looked just radiant. It was a wonderful evening.
This evening we are getting together to celebrate her again and to wish her a safe journey in to the next life. I share this to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during her illness but also to bless her daughters and husband as they go on, in to tomorrow and the day after. I picked this picture of Beth holding Mango because I love her eyes in it. She was so happy to meet Mango this day. She just held her and smiled. I like to remember her holding my baby girl.
I like this picture because it reminds me of the dancing at her birthday party. I remember laughing as my sister and Beth danced round and round square-dance style. They looked so sweet. We need to do this sometimes. When we don't know what will be tomorrow, we just have to dance a bit today, not to deny what is happening, but to have the joyous memory to draw upon when it gets really hard.

I love this family. I hope today, that with all of our prayers and support we all can say good-bye to Beth. That when it gets too hard to breathe that we can hold each other's hands a little tighter and know that we are not alone. Beth blessed us all with her life. With love, a droll smile, a really good story, and a welcoming home... things that everyone should know. I am glad that I did and do.
Peace be with you this day
JMB

8 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I had a friend die very unexpectedly this year and a picture and the great memories it invikes make me happy to remember her. The picture is of her standing with a person dressed in a Chiquita banana costume She is smiling broagly and I remember the fun we had that day.

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful post about your friend. take care.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautifully, beautifully written. Blessings to all who miss her so deeply and prayers for her beautiful new world, indeed.

Diane said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss and hope that Beth's family and friends draw comfort from their memories of living fully, laughing hard and loving well. Peace be yours Jessica.

yasmiene said...

Hi Jess! I found my way back to you. I am thinking of you and Beth and your mom daily right now. Sending hugs...

Rebecca Huffman said...

Thank you for that post. I only just caught up with the cancer post and then some. I have thought of Beth's face everyday for the last couple of weeks and it helps to add these photos to my memory (even if I have Mr Burns face in the dancing one - at least we look happy). Still feel like she is ready at her table with an hour+ of neighborhood gossip for me. Love you.

Sarah said...

hugs. I am very sorry for your loss. It's just not fair.

Jean said...

I feel your pain... my aunt died in November; taking her own life because after cancer had come back and attack her once again...she could no longer take the pain, tireness and stress it brought to her life. 80 years old last summer she had a long life...but she is missed.
I happened upon your blog thru...well... sorry I can't remember... oh... I know, ComePlayEugene. Anyway... I went to South Eugene High School years ago... and so thought I would check out what other blog sites were listed. Take care... hope that your friend is happy now and out of pain.