Saturday, July 26, 2008

Anniversary date...

Look, we still like each other after 11 years of married bliss...

Last weekend we went to the Art Museum on the local University's campus. I think that we both felt the decadence of doing this, as the kids were with Grandma and Grandpa. I am not too into the permanent collection here...it is a lot of ancient Asian art (pottery and paintings) (Although, I did catch a glimpse of this REALLY cool costume from a Korean play), which is nice, but I feel like I am a bit more interested in more contemporary art these days. Some day...

They had this rather small exhibit called "Thinking Body". It "strove" to show how the human body interacts with objects, in everyday life and also pieces of art. It was interesting, sometimes a bit pretentious....but oh well. My favorite pieces were on this big wall with 5 or 6 tiny pieces, little houses that seemed to illuminated from within.

So, you creep very close to them to figure out what is lit inside of them AND...through the window is a little room with pictures on the walls and a sense of depth... like some really tiny people live there and you are peeking in on them. WELL, the part of the story that I have left out thus far...is I didn't see the "NO PHOTOS" sign and I tried to take a few and the security guard totally busted me... I felt like such an art museum loser...MOSTLY because she had just busted me 10 minutes earlier for a bag larger than 12X12. SO, I carry a diaper bag size bag sometimes, even when I am not with the kids... BUSTED! Apparently is for "space" reasons...because there were 3 of us there in the 5000 sq.ft area....and I was totally going to smack one of the photographs off of the wall.

OK, enough, I have sour grapes about the whole thing still....apparently.

BUT the houses were so cool...I think that the woman's last name was Featherstone. I was so ashamed of my un-coothness that I just kept trying to remember her name so that I could look it up on the net...and we all know how my search skills are seriously lacking...

Some day I will get it together and give credit where credit is due...until then I will just enjoy sharing things the best that I can. See how tiny...
Don't you just want to go and visit??
JMB

4 comments:

susan said...

hehe naughty you!!
congrats on your anniversary

alobsiger said...

Happy Anniversary, you scofflaw, you! :-)

woolywoman said...

Oh yeah, I am always getting busted because I want to see the backs of things, and I get really really close. At the Gee's Bend exhibit, I was accused of Breathing onto a quilt. I assured her that I had held my breath.

Yaz and Rob said...

Can't wait to see them. I hope they are still there in the next month or so.