Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few good things...

Three things, just three things today that I really, really enjoy:

1)Eating breakfast Al fresco on my "new to me" tablecloth courtesy of my wonderful Grandma. It is terry cloth in turquoise checks with orange and yellow flowers. I remembered having picnics in the R.V. days on it as a child and she just handed it over. I love it.
2)"The Book of Lost Things" by John Connolly...weird, darkly funny, fairy tales with a twist, a fantastic summer read....A fast read.
3)Toss up--a super fun dice game that you can twitter away a summer afternoon playing with your five year old. There is counting and I lost every time. It was so fun that it was 2:58 p.m. before I realized that we should probably get out of our Pjs.

Summer is a good time around these parts.
JMB

2 comments:

susan said...

what? no mention of starbucks?? i am hooked on their frappacchinos right now, num! did you buy the game or is it with cards or something? i have a 5 yr old grandson, and it would be nice to have a game to play with him.
i just think that is so cool that your gran gave you that picnic blanket. ah good times good times

Yaz and Rob said...

I think I need to borrow that book! I hope I remember to ask you....