Friday, August 14, 2009

Some days you better just cut your losses and head to the bookstore...

I just couldn't handle it. The dog...I was gone for 1.5 hours and the dog made some nasty messes on the rug and in the kitchen. What??!! Then the ants came back. What??!!

I have only 45 minutes left of "kids in camp" time after all that was cleaned... What??!!

Thank you Barnes and Noble for being close and having just what I needed. Let us not bury our frustration in indulgences ALL THE TIME, but these were made for a day like last Tuesday.
JMB

P.S.
I really liked this magazine, LOTS of EYE candy and an article by Jude. Her work is...sigh... amazing.

6 comments:

John said...

Awesome. We have a B&N less than a mile away, and it's both my wife's and my "go-to" place when we need to get away for a few minutes. :)

Unknown said...

we don't have any barnes and nobles over here - but we have borders instead, which is similar and supplies the necessary medication of starbucks, books and magazines. I think my head would explode if it wasn't my go-to place, either ;)

(how's the baby cooking? It must be close now, right?)

Yaz and Rob said...

Nice to read what you are thinking again... I'mmm baaaacccckkkk!
Yaz

Tonya Ricucci said...

sorry to hear about the stress, but glad you had a chance to relax. mmm starbucks. ooh, I'll have to check out the magazine - thanks for the recommend.

Diane said...

Good choice for an anti-stress outing. When my kids were little, I'd always head to the quilt shop. I was there so often, they finally just hired me!

I know how precious and fleeting that alone time can feel. Just remember, it is a necessity, not an indulgence.

emilyruth said...

i think it's good that we don't live as close to b&n as you guys do...
i go there every chance i get as it is...
they have the best chairs
just the right cushiness...

glad you took full advantage of those 45 minutes...
you deserve them!

:)