Sunday, March 06, 2011

While I learn one thing, she learns another...

I am hoping to cover many things with this mosaic...
*my feeble, but diligent, attempts at guitar
*my funny, funny little Mango
*my February pattern pick (FINISHED!!!), a pair of "Quick Change Trousers" from this book.

Guitar-- Received for Christmas too long ago, trying for the second time to make some "beautiful music". Also my first picture for this series.

Mango, she is a funny girl. The past two weeks have been HUGE developmental weeks for her. She is running all over the place now. Her vocabulary is exploding, but to be honest she is using "no" as just a regular conversational word rather than an answer to a question. I will ask her if she would like a cookie and she smiles widely, holds out her hand and says "No". It all comes off as very coy and cute. We have said "goodbye" to the night time bottle of milk. She is really just part of the family kid-pack now. I am so happy to say hello to this new "big kid", but also sad to say another little goodbye to my last baby.

I was so happy to finish stitching up these cute, cute pants. To be honest I cut them out in early January, there was a rogue afternoon where both boys were whisked away by Grandma and Grandpa. They had just sat, cut out and folded on the kitchen shelf.... as a reminder that I needed to finish them. Finally I found this great little group that is doing a pattern a month... I had to sew them together. Mango looks so cute in them. I love the waist finishing. It looks so professional and the directions were really easy to follow. Maybe my most favorite thing was cutting into my "Good Folks" fabric, the stash that I have been hoarding for a year now. This month I am making a little dress from the same book. I have the bodice done. I will post the finished piece when I get back to it.

This coming week is going to be a biggie... My mom is having surgery, on March 9th, to cut out the cancer in her breast and armpit. We are trekking up to Portland to the OHSU Knight Cancer center. Her surgeon is well respected and has done this surgery before so I am hopeful that we will have a good outcome. Your prayers and thoughts are always appreciated.
Until we meet again!
JMB

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

What an absolute cutie pie!!!! darling girl, darling pix and darling little trousers. so cute. Good luck and best wishes to your mom and family.

emily ruth said...

agggg!
mango is so cute...
i don't know what i will do when i don't get to see her a few times every week...
check in with your blog, i guess :)

lots of love to you & your mom!
i love you both!

& good job, you on the guitar!
very impressive...
i will be expecting to see a youtube video soon...
yes! yes! yes!

Kristin Shields said...

My thoughts are with you as your mom goes through the surgery. Man, that Mango is a sweetie! Love the cute pants too.