Monday, July 16, 2007

no picture today....

I have been in no-woman's land...as in so sick that no woman would want to change places with me. To let me kvetch a bit....It is way worse to be ill in the height of summer than in the wintertime...hands down!

Looking outside, when you are well enough to stand...

Watching the weeds grow in the garden that you have been trying to breathe back to life...(I felt slightly better today due to some antibiotics, and attempted some weeding...bad idea,within two minutes, I was drenched in that sickly kind of sweat that you get all clammy from when your body really isn't doing it's whole "temperature regulation" thing)

(oh well, I am sure the bindweed will be waiting for me tomorrow, and Sunset isn't coming for their spread until early August...)

Trying to figure out how you can use your "sick" time...but wait when you are the mom, that is hard currency to come by...

A person kind of just has to fall over or something, then they notice what a martyr you truly are. Then your husband might do something sweet, like buy you Harry Potter #5, because you can't find your old copy...and you have to reread #5 and #6 before #7 comes out on Sunday...(those were the two that were published post birth of kids #1 & #2...need I say more? My memory is shot)

To turn around the grumping, I am so glad that I am rereading these books!!! I have become the joke around here this week because of all my exclamations of "Wow, I don't remember THAT happening..." and "NOW that makes so much more sense to me."

My recommendation is for people to read....I know that some people don't like the H.P. franchise, for whatever reason. But despite the illness thing, this week was palatable because I was able to get lost in another reality, a story, a great book.

I was just thinking... one of my other middle school friends, and now a blog friend recommends books on her blog, I could too.

A really good book that I just finished was Master Butcher's Singing Club by Louise Erdrich, I got lost in this one too.
JMB

4 comments:

Diane said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I was just thinking about when my son was a baby and I had the flu. My husband finally took the day off from work when the mere smell of baby food made me upchuck. But maybe that's the wrong thing to mention right now. Same son is now almost 20. He too is rereading all the Harry Potter books before the last one comes out. Feel better!

emmi said...

You sound like you are feeling really yucky. I have a confession to make. This past winter I was hoping to get sick so maybe, just maybe, my sweet hubby would stay home and watch the munchkins while I laid in bed doing nothing. Alas it didn't happen which is probably fortunate because I am a baby when I am sick.

On the whole HP note, I think you are so smart to reread them. I really should but I decided to finally pick up The Kite Runner Sunday night. I am guessing you have read it. I am having such a hard time reading about horrible things happening to little kids, especially now as a mom. On the same note, I am a little worried about our friend, HP. I definitely have this motherly thing going on when I read the book. I hope all goes well for him in the last installment. Please, please post your opinion of it when your done. I promise to do the same.

emmi said...

Oh, sorry so lengthy!

Yaz and Rob said...

Ok, the TV has been in the closet for the last month and I can't tell you how much reading is going on in the house! Fabulous. I am currently reading Zadie Smith, "White Teeth". I just finished another of hers and think she is great. One thing is to not take a book on vacation with two small children. Rob and I read about one paragragh each. It was tempting us the entire time and was just not going to happen.