Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What changed my mood....


If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world.

Chinese Proverb

A nice woman left this for me in my comments and it really turned around that HOT HOT grumpiness in the previous post, thanks Diane!

This is my quilt, my one for my self....
I started it after having my first son's first birthday, after reading an article in Quilter's Newsletter (I think) about design and the Fibonacci sequence, (this is not the article, but kind of goes into what inspired me.) I decided to just wing it and I designed on some graph paper and before I thought about all those little pieces...I started it.
2 years later, having run out of the weird pinky-orange fabric 2 times (lessons learned) and getting ready to birth son #2...I finished piecing this. Now that boy#2 is over a year it seems appropriate to start again on this piece and follow it to a conclusion...maybe by next summer??
I have decided to add a border with this cool applique technique that I learned in Portland a few weeks ago at cool cottons . I will update when possible.... we'll see.
JMB

4 comments:

Yaz and Rob said...

you blog queen! I can't keep up with all of the posts! Love the quilt and identifying the timeframe around birth and raising of children. It is soooo our life right now. Also, did I mention I love summer? Well, I do!

Left Coast Sister said...

That quilt is gor-ge-ous. BTW, that last post of yours should have been mine two days ago. This is a weird time of life, like you're stalled in one spot (being home, dealing with issues like who had the toy before it went flying through the window) and yet it's going really really fast and it's all a bit surreal. Good times, weird times.

emilyruth said...

you are so great!
after you are done with this quilt you should write out the time line
well, i guess you just did
but it should be with the quilt
:)

love it

Diane said...

I'm just getting used to leaving comments on people's blogs. I hadn't considered that my comment might actually influence someone! I'm so glad the Proverb made a difference in your day. You are very welcome.