Thursday, October 25, 2007

what am I doing??? I tried, but I could not stop listening...

I am out of control...who needs sleep right?? I am almost finished with something special...FINISHED, COMPLETED... Get it? This doesn't happen everyday, but by Friday, I am thinking....YES!

This is a little frog that I wanted to share. It was one of five, that friends and I made for a quilt for the 2nd born of a dear friend, the hipster ALITHA. It has been finished, completed if you will, and I was so proud of myself. The applique pieces were small (for me) and odd shaped. I like it, I think that it looks kinda arty.

The real reason for the post is this Frito story. I was sewing this evening, nay, morning and it was so funny to me. Not funny-mocking, but funny-charming. I loved to hear how Fritos were born. (and sometimes the lady saying Frito reminded me of the tour guide at the Alamo on Pee-wee's Big Adventure.)(which I just learned was directed by Tim Burton...I love that movie and now it seems a bit more clear to me why I love it so.)(WATCH IT.)

Buea-nas DEe-ASS... can you say that?...you have to see the movie...and learn about Fritos.
JMB

4 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Good morning!
I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. After reading your blog, I gotta tell you, You made me laugh out loud that little laugh of recognition. Thanks for that. I am looking forward to what you write next.
Ahna
BTW OM goodness, that frog is gorgeous. And you're right - it does look 'arty.' I can't wait to see the whole piece. Are you going to share it?

Diane said...

Your froggie is fabulous! We must be on the same psychic wavelength (or at least an NPR one) because I heard the Frito story and thought the same thing--charming.

emilyruth said...

i don't have time to read the frito story today
but someday...
if only for your pee-wee reference...
does net flix have pee-wee?
i must check
i really need to see that again...
i just checked youtube
& i think you could watch the whole movie
just in clips...
& yes you can get it on netflix
but not before me
because i just queued it...
:)

ps that little froggy is adorable!
you are so good:)

Yaz and Rob said...

I am confused, but I think it is the sleep reduced mindset. So, who is Frito? I am thinking a chip....