Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hi, my name is Jessica...

Hi,
My name is Jessica and I can't read a calendar. Somewhere in the last month I have lost a week. Have you seen it? It was the week of May 19th-25th. This is what happens to me when I try to do something as CRAZY as a contest (a.k.a. a Random Drawing). I looked at the calendar and thought "Hey, June 1st is a nice round number and it is this Sunday. That is a great day to end...I wonder what I should do for my mother's birthday..."

So it goes, apparently this is going to be the longest Random Drawing skill test in the history of blogs... and if that ain't a way to celebrate remaining afloat after 118 posts, I don't know what is. I am keeping it the way it is, I am sure that I am the only one that cares (or feels silly that I have a missing week.)

BUT to maybe interest you a wee bit here are some more podcasts that I have been listening to:

PRI:studio360... A good podcast of pop culture and the arts with a dash of the creative thinking. I like that it has a different theme (some times a VERY loose theme.) every week and that I learn about things that I may not learn about otherwise. I like the host, sometimes he comes off rather Fop-ish, (I think that is the word that I want to use.) but it is endearing rather than annoying.

Alternative Kitchen Garden... Out of the UK...love her voice and her devotion to her garden and compost is inspiring. I like the bit that she has about "What is happening in the Gro-Dome?" Where she goes out to her...well, Gro-Dome and checks on the happenings in there. It usually is short and sweet and she knows a lot about a lot of things that I don't know yet. LIKE A LOT of different vegetables that I haven't tried. (I feel like eating Swiss chard is pretty adventuresome for me.)
JMB
(the picture above is a plea for the bees to rally and not go extinct... we need good pollinators...and I think that they look cool.)

1 comment:

Yaz and Rob said...

I think I have lost the last month! I can't believe I am catching up on your blog and it has been about a month since I commented. Whaz up with that? P.S. I like the pollinators too, lets keep them around...