Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Daily pictures...it may be all I can manage today...

Our "mousie" here is a borrowed friend from our library, one of the many great things that I like about the "new" library (I think that it is now like 4 years old...but I suffered with that old groos one for so long that this one will always be "new" to me!). Today, I finally remembered to bring my camera with us when we went for storytime AND it was WONDERFULLY SUNNY! It was a banner day also, because my oldest son, who has been a storytime junkie since the ripe old age of 18 months, got to be a HELPER today with a story during his little brother's storytime. He was just beaming that he got asked and then when it was his turn to stick his head through the hole in the book and oink like a pig... well, he squealed like a pro.

The following pictures are of the children's courtyard...I love this tile work. The first time I saw them I was so inspired to get back into a ceramics studio... I may yet. I will try to find the artist that did these, these pieces are just too great not to give someone credit. Enjoy!
A giant elephant that the kids like to walk the perimeter of...
To jump or not to jump...
Detail of the leaf tables
Part of the fish benches




Close-up of the frog reading a book
Someone having a delightful time on the froggy.
Someone else forgoing sustenance in favor of a bitty comic book.
I have some exciting swap quilt peeks....but I will save those for tomorrow!! Hee hee
JMB

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

that is amazing, I could look at those for hours!
Wish our library had a courtyard like that for the kids!
so did he jump?
what a cute picture!
Storytime at the library was a favorite activity here too when the girls were little.
Kathie

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh wow! I love these tables and benches and turtles. Those would all be so cool in my future dream house's back yard. gorgeous.

emilyruth said...

it will always be the new library to me too...
that's how it is as you get old
:)

i love that courtyard too!
so amazing & colorfully inspiring...

might need to take a trip soon...
:)

Yaz and Rob said...

Memories! I miss the library! I miss you guys! I want to go back and have storytime with you all and my all....