Monday, January 26, 2009

Day FOURTEEN: I almost let another slip by...

Day Fourteen:  Here I am again, trying to stay true to a project I have laid out for myself.  Trying to post everyday, trying to appreciate myself.  It is starting to feel a bit indulgent, a tad silly, and yet still good because of the routine of it and the continuity of it.  I have noticed my attitude towards myself is better.  There is much less negative self-talk.  I believe that I have left the funk that had been plaguing me.   So, where to now?

Where, where, where?
I think that I must keep going.

Today, I am noticing that my body is getting older... it doesn't look like it's 18 year-old self. (even if it did, I really didn't appreciate it then.  I thought that there was SO much wrong with me then.)  I am really great with it not looking the same because my mind has grown too.  I am so much happier in my 34 year old skin then I ever was at 18, 21, or 25.  I am grateful for that today.
JMB

2 comments:

Diane said...

I haven't been keeping up with your daily "love fest" either ~ glad I had a chance to visit today. You expressed beautifully what I see as the definition of maturity: "I am really great with it not looking the same because my mind has grown too."

Yaz and Rob said...

I was with you for this pic. Wasn't that a great day together? I loved that we met at Dorris Ranch.