Friday, January 30, 2009

Day SEVENTEEN and EIGHTEEN: Slumdog Millionaire...

Day SEVENTEEN:
Hi, I have been on a camera fast.  It has been dark and cold here, so my desire to capture THAT has been WAY diminished.  I hope it will return.  

Last night we had a date night to the movies.  It was exciting to go out.  We saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and what I can say is that it was a really good movie, but too sad for me.  I think that I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't a mom.  The beginning is about the main character, Jamal's life, as a little boy and I couldn't help but see my boys in those situations and just feel so sad.  Can I only watch romantic comedies??  Is that all I am left with?  I suppose I should learn my lesson and not see anything more serious than "Paul Blart:  Mall Cop".  That said, the filming of the movie was beautiful.  There were a few aerial shots of the slums that looked so graphically interesting and beautiful, if you could get away from the fact that they were falling down dwellings that people were living in...and still living in today.

Day EIGHTEEN:  I do see the sun shining upon me today, so I think that I will leave you all now to attempt some photography time.
JMB

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I haven't seen that one yet - sounds good and a fun happy ending, but too much misery all at the same time. If at least it were a historical movie it would be easier to take.

Cher said...

love your photos..brings back sweet memories of when my boys were "little"

Yaz and Rob said...

I feel like all I can watch are comedies. Also, sitcom comedies. I am a hag for Thiry Something. Really, I can't live without it. This is our life right now. We have to embrace the light moments when we find them.